Expand your mind, expand your mountain. The Mind Expander is an alternative all-mountain board that wants to slash every terrain feature in sight. Surf shaper Chris Christenson and Jeremy Jones designed the Mind Expander for the creative rider who draws lines blending freestyle, freeride and surf styles. For playful float in pow the Mind Expander features a Surf Rocker profile, a 3D Contour Base 3.0 and a hybrid directional shape. The blunted nose, full size tail and tight sidecut offer the nimble maneuverability of a directional board matched with the freestyle abilities of a directional twin. The Mind Expander also features a Bamboo Surf Core and Basalt Power Stringers for better edge response and Rounded Recycled ABS Sidewalls for improved topsheet durability. New for 2021, the Mind Expander has a Sintered 8000 base and Carve Pack inserts that offer the option of a more centered stance for ripping hard pack.
Terrain: Freestyle/Park/ Deep Powder
Shape: Directional Flex
- Camber - Christenson Surf Rocker Taking cues from surfboard shapes, the Christenson Surf rocker profile places rocker in the nose just inside the front inserts and in the tail just at the back inserts, keeping the nose up with minimal effort.
- Flex- Directional . Rides just like a twin with a slightly directional shape, so you get better performance riding forwards but can still ride switch when you want to.
- Shape - Directional. A setback stance, directional shape, and directional flex pattern, so ride it forwards for optimum performance. A freeride focused 3D base contour featuring an even balance of 7mm of bevel in the nose and tail
Core: Bamboo Surf. Triple-density full wood Paulownia core featuring hardwood bamboo stringers in the pocket of the sidecut for enhanced edge response and turn power.
Biax Fibreglass A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fibreglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
Base: Sintered 8000. This new super durable base material is made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene and carbon, making it easily repairable, highly wax absorbent, and super fast.
- Oversized Recycled Edges - Exactly what it sounds like, enhanced sustainability and added durability.
- Eco-Plastic Topsheet - An ultralight chip/scratch resistant topsheet made from castor beans. Good for your board, good for the environment.
- Traction Tech 2.0 - Like a serrated knife cutting through the snow, Traction Tech adds multiple contact points along the edge of the board for enhanced grip and edge hold in all conditions.
- Wend Natural Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with Wend natural wax.
- Bio Resin - All Jones boards are built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Bio Resin are co-products or waste products of other plant-based industrial processes. Producing Bio Resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
- Recycled Black ABS - ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improve the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Factory Tuned - All Jones snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail, so you can go riding straight away.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.