We have a one of the largest selections of snow outerwear online, as well as 2 store locations in Brisbane CBD and on the Gold Coast. We have knowledgeable staff with years of experience to give you all the information you need to help make an informed decision.
Snowbiz know the importance of outerwear that keeps you warm and dry, looks good, and feels great. To feel great, it must fit well. Good fitting outerwear means outerwear that fits your body type, your use, and your style. All three of these should be taken into consideration when determining which fit is best for you.
With so many outerwear brands available, and each with its own set of fits, it can be difficult to know how a jacket or pant actually fits. You may also know or have heard of certain brands having a tighter or a looser fit. Keep in mind that all brands change and evolve, and although some brands do tend to fit a certain way, the same brand may make a range of fits from very slim to very loose. Don't worry; we have standardized fit across the board, making it easy for you to get the right fit.
We break outerwear fit into three basic fits – Slim, Regular and Loose Fit
If you can't stand the thought of your pant legs touching the ground or your jacket bunching at the chest when you bend over, then you're going to need a slim fit. With a more technical fit, you can expect:
- Outerwear is much more streamlined, promoting a wide range of motion
- Jackets fit much closer to the body and have a more tailored or fitted profile.
- Pants are slimmer through the thigh. Recent styles have begun to trend towards a slimmer leg through the knee, then flaring towards the ankle to accommodate boots.
This tighter fit is for those that want a flattering / slimming style. Fabrics that are used in recent years have the ability to stretch 2 or 4 way to give you maximum movement and comfort.
When you buy a regular fit, you're buying a product that's not too tight, not too baggy, but right in the middle. Most people prefer this fit, with a traditional fit, you can expect:
- Outerwear will have plenty of room for layering
- Jackets will typically have a standard length that doesn't pull up past your waist line when you raise your arms, with sleeves that stay extended to your wrists when you bend your arms, but won't go too far past your hands when your arms are straight.
- Pants will have a standard inseam with a cut that's straight through the leg.
Outerwear with a baggier fit is designed to have more coverage all around, while maximizing room for layers underneath and more room to move and not fee restricted in anyway. With a baggier fit, you can expect:
- Outerwear will have extra room all over with enough coverage no matter how you twist or move.
- Jackets will have more room throughout the body and sleeves, and tend to be longer when compared to a regular or traditional fit.
- Pants are going to be relaxed at the waist and much roomier throughout the thigh, knee, and cuff. This style has become popular among park skiers and snowboarders who want a baggy look more than they care about the actual fit. Brands are now designing lines just for them.
In addition to Regular, Loose, and Slim fit, we also classify jackets as Waist-length, Hip-length, and Thigh-length. Think of these as Short, Regular, and Long, respectively. These are to point out jackets with length that might not always go with the fit. For example, a jacket may be of regular fit but with additional length. Length is an important spec to consider when shopping for jackets as some body types require a jacket that is short and wide and others, one that is long and slim.
We break jacket length into three standard lengths:
- The shortest fit we offer. Generally in more tailored styles of Ski Jackets
- Built for precision and utility
- Most common jacket length
- Provides excellent coverage without being too long
- Suitable for nearly all situations
- The longest fit we offer
- Excellent coverage for keeping snow out
- Possible cross over travel jacket style
Still have questions? Please give our friendly staff a call at either one of our 2 store locations.
Brisbane CBD - 07 3229 8911
Gold Coast - 5531 3035